Holy Family Catholic Church
Mission Honduras Trip 2017
We believe in
Putting Faith Into Action
Mission Trip Information – 2017
Team 1: Friday June 1 – Friday June 8
Flight Info (American Airlines):
June 1: FLT: AA26345 – LV Nashville 6:15am CT Arrive Miami 9:31am ET
June 1:FLT: AA9615 – LV Miami 10:45AM ET Arrive Tegucigalpa 11:23am ET
June 8:FLT: AA15315 – LV Tegucigalpa 2:16pm ET Arrive Miami 6:48pm ET
June 8:FLT: AA27455 – LV Miami 9:30pm ET Arrive Nashville 10:58pm ET
Team 2: Friday, June 8 – Friday June 15
Team 2 Flight Info (American Airlines)
June 8:FLT: AA26345 – LV Nashville 6:15am CT Arrive Miami 9:31am ET
June 8:FLT: AA9615 – LV Miami 10:45AM ET Arrive Tegucigalpa 11:23am ET
June 15:FLT: AA15315 – LV Tegucigalpa 2:16pm ET Arrive Miami 6:48pm ET
June 15:FLT: AA27455 – LV Miami 9:30pm ET Arrive Nashville 10:58pm ET
- $1,400 includes airfare, ground transportation, room and board (most meals)
- $250 due at time of registration
- Balance ($1,150) is due March 18th at first meeting. You can bring a check with you or you can pay online (click here.)
- Additional expenses include:
- Hepatitis A Vaccinations
- Malaria Medication
- Typhoid Shot or pills
- Up to date Tetanus shot
- Go to www.GlobalOutreachClinic.org for more information (back to top)
To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to a passport acceptance facility. The two closest are:
Brentwood Post Office: 8011 Brooks Chapel Rd. Brentwood, TN 37027
Franklin Post Office: 810 Oak Meadow Dr., Franklin, TN 37064
You MUST provide:
- Application for Passport, go to this website to start the application process: http://travel.state.gov/passport, you will be able to fill out the required form online and print it out.
- Proof of US citizenship
- Proof of identity
- 2 passport photos. You can get them at Costco, Kinko’s… NOTE: Please get an EXTRA photo so that we can bring one with us on the trip. In the UNLIKELY event you lose your passport while we are in Honduras, we will need this photo to get a new passport to return to the US.
- Payment for the applicable fee
- Age 16 and older: $165 total ($140 passport application fee + $25 execution fee)
- Under age 16: $120 total ($95 passport fee + $25 execution fee)
Make sure you go to the website to be sure of current pricing. Minors will need parental consent.
If you have a passport, be sure to CHECK YOUR EXPIRATION DATE. If it will expire before our trip stars or ends, you must renew it before we depart. Most airlines will NOT let you through security if your passport will expire within 6 months of the trip.
You will be required to provide a COLOR copy of the main page of your passport. Make sure that is uploaded to your application as soon as possible. We must use this to register each person with the US Embassy. (back to top)
If you have any questions or concerns you may email us. We will respond as swiftly as God will permit.
Have you submitted your application? If not, go here.
Carry on Bag
Personal Medicines (bring extra just in case we get delayed for any reason)
Toiletries / sunscreen / toothbrush / hairbrush / facial wipes
1 Change of Clothes
Snacks / Bottle to fill with water after we get through security
No liquids over 3 oz; all liquid / gel toiletries in quart size zip lock bag
Earplugs (if you have problems with pressure / ear pain)
Spending Money (make sure you have $40 exit fee to return to the US)
Tennis Shoes / Work Shoes
Flip-flops (for the shower)
Below the Knee skirt for the ladies (lightweight – slip over your shorts kind)
Long light weight Khaki Pants (1 pair) for the guys
Water Bottle to fill up at the mission and carry to the work site
Snacks (Peanut Butter, Granola Bars, Cheese Crackers, etc…)
Hanging Toiletry bag
Towel / Hair Towel
Bible / Rosary / Journal / Writing Paper / Pen
Rain Coat / Poncho
Extra passport photo + phone numbers / account numbers for any credit cards you bring with you…just in case you loose either your Passport or your wallet while we are gone.
Suitcases must not weigh more than 50 lbs!!!
HAVE YOU COMPLETED YOUR APPLICATION?
Do you want to put YOUR faith into action?
Complete your application now!
Team Meeting Dates (all are Sundays from 4:00 – 5:30pm at Holy Family Room 111)
- March 18th
- April 15th
- May 13th
- Wed, May 30th – Team Mass at 9am in the Chapel, for those who can make it.
If you are bringing a check, please make it out to: HOLY FAMILY CATHOLIC CHURCH and make sure you put Mission Honduras in the memo line so they know where you money should be applied.)
If you are paying online, simply go our payment page. (CLICK HERE!)